What are the advantages of using terrorism typologies? What are they and how are they currently helping in counterterrorism?
Terrorism typologies are useful in discerning the intricacies of terrorist groups. Typologies are set in place to better understand terrorist activities and are more comprehensive than the standard definitions of terrorism. A typology allows for a classification of what type of terrorism is to be examined. Since the kind of terrorism can be identifiable, a determination for the level of response can be obtained (Goldstein, 2007).
Goldstein, D. (2007). A Review and a Look at the Future of Terrorism. Retrieved April 22, 2007, from Boston University, Vista Online: http://vista.bu.edu/webct/
You might also like:
- Terrorism: Ted Robert Gurr, Size of Terrorist Groups
- Terrorism: Contributing Factors
- Terrorism: Criminal Behavior vs. Terrorism
- Terrorism: Distinguish Terrorism from Violent Crimes
- Terrorism: Frederick Hacker, Three Types of Terrorists
- Terrorism: Profile of a Terrorist
- Terrorism: The Four Force Multipliers